Are you suffering from snoring or initial stages of sleep apnea? If so, you may like to try out some simple and inexpensive solutions. Apnea Tongue Stabilizing Device (TSD) presents one such option.
What Is Apnea Tongue Stabilizing Device? A TSD or the Apnea Tongue Stabilizing Device retains your tongue and keeps it in place, preventing it from rolling back. It is made from silicone resin or BPA free soft plastic and is akin to baby pacifiers and sports mouth guards. Their design makes them fit comfortably in your mouth.
But How Do I Choose The Best Tongue Stabilizing Device?
This is a common dilemma anyone will face while trying to look up the best product that will suit you and give the best results. Because after all most of the client and stabilizing devices do look almost alike!
Before even considering the use of sleep apnea devices you need to understand the cause of your snoring. There can be many reasons for this. However, the most common cause of snoring, as well as sleep apnea, is because of the hindrance to the passage of air in the nasal passage.
This happens when, during your sleep, your tongue rolls backward or retracts. Thereby this causes the passage to narrow down and cause friction while the air moves alongside the inner nasal membranes during breathing.
A TSD is designed to gently hold the tongue forward while you sleep. This keeps it from retracting and rolling back towards the ISS passage in the throat. This results in keeping the airway open and permits the unhindered movement of the air as you breathe.
Which Apnea Tongue Stabilizing Device Should I Buy?
Here are the top 5 Apnea Tongue Stabilizing Device Reviews that give an insight into their various characteristics. This will help you in making an informed selection of the one suited most to your needs.
Reazeal Tongue Sleeve or the Reazeal’s Oral Guard
This tongue sleeve by Reazeal (Available on Amazon) gives you a Simplistic Method of achieving a good night’s sleep. It is easy to use, and you can purchase it off the counter, or online without a doctor’s prescription.
The Oral guard by Reazeal can give you instantaneous relief from snoring. It also affects other connected phenomena like teeth grinding, which also stops.
- No more clenching or grinding teeth.
- It does not involve mandibular advancement. This causes less distress in wearing it throughout the night.
- Its design has a soft feel and smooth texture which makes it comfortable and safe
- It helps to not only prevent snoring, but also other connected issues like tooth grinding and clenching.
- A soft squeeze at the time of wearing it creates a gentle suction that keeps your tongue from retracting. This prevents blocking in the airway and hinders the sound of snoring.
- It stays in place throughout the night without falling off. This gives you a full night’s restful sleep.
- The Cost of this TRD is an affordable $15.98
- It comes with full money back return policy
Despite the fact it is simple to use, it takes time to get used to it. After all, it is almost like a pacifier that remains attached to your mouth throughout the night. Some people may find it uncomfortable to do so.
Jushhub Silicone Tongue & Groove Device
This is a non-prescription device, that is simple to use and stops snoring (Available on Amazon)
- It is a transparent, soft and made with BPA free material that fits in easily
- There is no mandibular advancement involved which makes it comfortable and easily adaptable.
- The material used in its design is non-toxic, safe and provides natural comfort.
- Although simple in appearance, it is effective in apnea and snoring.
- Has an instantaneous result in preventing snoring, and teeth-grinding
- The suction action prevents any mishap arising out of it’s falling off during sleep.
- Very reasonably priced at $9.98
- You might find it a bit cumbersome initially for a week or so.
- The quality of plastic is soft but needs the right kind of suction to get attached to the tongue comfortably.
- There is no warranty mentioned on the product packaging.
Yoperd Anti-snoring Device
This is an over the counter personal care item (Also available on Amazon) that helps you in overcoming snoring, mild cases of apnea, and other connected symptoms like clenching the jaw or grinding the teeth.
- It is made of superior quality non-toxic, soft silicone rubber, and is safe to use.
- The design is intuitive, with side flaps that prevent it’s being drawn in.
- It is long-lasting, washable, and reusable.
- The innovative design and a universal size make it easy to use by everyone, without much difficulty.
- It is light in weight and easy to carry during your frequent travels.
Its cost is $21, which is marginally higher than other similar products.
Amawa’s Anti-snoring Tongue Retainer
This is a soft Silicone-based Sleep aid that prevents snoring. Available to buy on Amazon
- It is made of medical-grade clear silicone material
- The “V” shaped configuration makes it suitable for all sizes.
- It works like any other tongue retainer devices by putting the tongue into its sleeve and adjusting the suction level that is comfortable, yet functional.
- Besides snoring, it also helps in preventing grinding of teeth and snapping of the jaw by holding your tongue into place.
- Lightweight, compact, hygienic, and easy to use.
There appears to be no return or refund policy.
Anti-snoring Tongue Retainer by KR. LIF
This tongue retaining device works by putting your tongue into the groove or sleeve and adjusting the suction so that it prevents it from rolling back.
- The “V” shaped design has two wings on sides that make it safer and hence can be used by all.
- Made with lightweight silicon material
- It has an ultra-slim design that causes the least hindrance to your sleep.
- Created by professional dentists
- Prevents snoring as well as the suffering caused by grinding the teeth.
- Fabricated using long-lasting and tough materials
- Available at a competitive cost of $9.99
- There appears to be no return or refund policy.
- Appears to be a knock-off from other similar products.
- There are reports of not enough suction which makes it come off often.